Thursday, October 14, 2010

Review on lessons taught 10/14

The first group that presented today did a presentation on living a healthy lifestyle, which I felt was an interesting and unique topic.  I really enjoyed how they used a concrete example of the foods we are and are not supposed to eat, especially the lard!  I also liked their integration and explanation for using the online poll to see how many minutes on average our class exercised a day.

The second group did a presentation on homophones.  I thought that would be a difficult topic to plan a lesson for, but they did a good job of connecting it to homophones that we knew.  And although I wasn't particularly interested in the  topic, they did interest me with the riddles that they had us fill out at the end-- they were good and entertaining examples.

The third group did a presentation involving reading comprehension and social cues.  They read the book The Paper Bag Princess and I liked how they connected the idea of social cues to us by asking what we thought were some everyday social cues (politeness on the playground, cues while talking with others or listening to others).  Then they read the story with a few questions every so often to make sure we were paying attention, and at the end went over social cues in the story.  I really liked this lesson and thought it was very well done because it was so interesting and really taught us something.

The fourth group did a lesson on the alphabet.  I liked the game we played-- it was a lot of fun!  I think its a great way to make the lesson appealing to the kids.  I was just unsure of the reason for reading off the words after you found the two letters-- I didn't see how that was helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment